View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 06:40 PM   #13
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
So, I guess I'm asking: What is it that people see in e-ink that is such a benefit over a more functional device with a good reading app installed??

Here's the beginning of a list:
1) Much longer battery life
2) Lower cost (not necessarily better Value)
My KPW is much lighter than my iPad is - granted, I've got an iPad 1, which is heavier than the later models, but still the KPW is 2/3 the weight of an iPad 2, even with my KPW cover.

Also, I've been having fun playing with my iPad, and I do find that, after awhile, I get a headache from reading so much on it, and I don't get headaches reading on the KPW or my K3 or any other eink device. dunno if it's eye strain or what, but I can't see reading a book for hours on my iPad, and I regularly do on my Paperwhite with no problmes.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote