View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndersk View Post
Ever since I updated to this new version on my kobo touch it goes into sleep mode after I have just woken it up - within maybe 5- 10 seconds. I never had this problem before and find it extremely annoying. I'll be in the middle of a paragraph, or line and poof, off it goes.

It would not be so bad if it instantly awoke - but it takes another 5-10 seconds for it to wake up... I know, not long in the grand scheme of things, but annoying none the less.

Any idea when these will be fixed?
The return to sleep if the Kobo is woken up and there is no activity seems to take about 60-70 seconds for most people who have mentioned the issue. Your 5-10 seconds seems a bit faster than that. That seems to be a by design behaviour intended to put the Kobo back to sleep if it was accidentally woken up -- I suspect mostly for sleep cover users.

OTOH, my Glo and my daughter's Touch take less than a second to wake up from releasing the power switch. Page navigation seems, if anything, slightly faster than in the older firmware revisions.

I'd suggest that you might want to consider trying two suggestions. The first would be signing out from your account (Settings, Account, Sign Out) and then signing in again which seems to clean up quite a few database related issues. If that doesn't make any difference, try the Factory Reset from the Device Information menu. The latter wipes any sideloaded books on the internal storage, will downgrade your software to the factory version, etc. so it takes quite a bit longer as a firmware update and full database rebuild will be needed. Factory resets are a great argument for having your sideloaded content on a uSD card that can be removed and re-inserted.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote