View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 08:24 PM   #150
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
I opened it for three reasons:

1. My Dad was a southpaw.
2. My ex-wife was a lefty.
3. I was left eye dominant.

While all of those are past tense, I still have an interest in the phenomenon

The third one begs the question; if an amputee loses their dominant limb, do they adapt by becoming opposite dominant, or do they remain right or left dominant, but just train their non dominant limb to function as if it was the dominant one?

In my case, am I still left eye dominate even though it doesn’t work anymore? At this point I really don’t know.

When doing a one eyed task, like aiming something, I nearly always go immediately to my right eye, but when I first lost my left eye central vision I would usually try the left eye first then switch.

Check out the research done regarding the separation of the Corpus Collosum in the brain. Some pretty interesting results there... Of hand I don't remember what may have been said about eye dominance, but they certainly did check for just about everything in their studies.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote