View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 02:27 AM   #1366
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Benedict Jacka

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
I'd just re-read The Hobbit and then finished up my re-read of the three James Potter books and decided to give the Derrick Storm novelette trilogy a read, but right after beginning I paused to view the two videos in my last post here. In the Redondo Beach video Jim recommends Benedict Jacka's Alex Verus series. Well it made me stop the Derrick Storm books and grab a copy of Fated, the first in the series. I've just started it and in the first Chapter Alex (he calls himself a mage and has a magic store in London) says:

Also on the cover there's a short blurb from Jim:

Click image for larger version

Name:	cover.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	97455
I guess I'll be reading this series next and Derrick Storm will go back on TBR for a while.

I finished Fated and enjoyed it a whole lot. If you're reading this you most likely like The Dresden Files and if that's true you'll probably like Benedict Jacka's Alex Verus books as well.

Now back to Derrick Storm.

P.S. Changed my mind, gonna' read Two Ghosts for Sister Rachael by Kim Harrison.

Last edited by alansplace; 12-09-2012 at 12:01 PM. Reason: add a P.S.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote