View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 02:03 AM   #87
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Also given that I quite often will nominate more than one book or second/third other books, it's possible - or some might say inevitable - that I won't vote for all of them.

There have even been times when I've nominated a book which ended up in the vote, but subsequently someone else has nominated a book that I felt was an even better choice. It happens and I certainly reserve my right to change my mind.

For example, in October I nominated The Last Werewolf by Glenn Duncan. However, when I read the description for Carmilla, I actually preferred to read that. So I didn't vote for my nomination but for Carmilla instead. You'll notice in October The Last Werewolf only got 1 vote and that was from someone who did not nominate, second or third that book.

Was that month a open voting month? No - actually it was a closed month and the voting was pretty lopsided towards Carmilla with two prospects only getting 1 vote each. Maybe in an open voting month they would both have got 0 votes each - in other words not much difference.

Picking out these "sample" months doesn't prove anything. The sample sizes are too small and the voting conducted on whim (we're not exactly electing a president).

If I fervently desire a particular book to be chosen, I will nominate it and I will vote for it and I will mention it - more than once. But I'm not always black and white about it. Sometimes there are multiple selections I'd equally like to read. Sometimes there are books I particularly don't wan't to read, and apparently sometimes I like to leap off a cliff to the music of "Charge of the Lemmings".
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote