View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 09:12 AM   #84
dgdsp123
dgdsp123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by vxf View Post

The screen on my PW has gotten much better after two days of intense use. I am not sure what the issue is. Maybe cold, or humidity (the UPS guys left my PW on the porch, of course, with rain and cold weather...)....
I would like to add an observation to this theory. I got my PW on the 18th and right out of the box it had a somewhat large green blotch towards the top center of the screen. At my apartment the temperature is usually around 70 which is what my wife and I find comfortable. This past Saturday (the 20th) my wife and I drove up to her parents house which is about an hour away. My wife drove on the return home so I spent the time reading on my new PW. It was cold out and my wife is always cold anyway so she had the heater on which probably brought the temperature up to around 75 or 80 in the car. After about 45 mins I noticed that the green blob had gotten significantly smaller and the screen had become more uniform. I though this was odd and was hoping it would stay this way.

Unfortunately, by the next day it had gotten back to the way it was. This is making me wonder if the top layer is somehow expanding or contracting slightly due to the temperature. I have seen other reviews state that they will see a change in the screen but then later it will go back to the way it was.

I am wondering if anyone else is having this same experience or has any thoughts on this theory.
dgdsp123 is offline   Reply With Quote