Thread: eips 5.1.0
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 04:33 PM   #1
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
eips 5.1.0

eips is a custom eink support program for kindles, that until now had no source code and no documentation except that it listed a single line showing command line parameters it will accept.

I just discovered that after the 5.1.0 upgrade, this is what you now get from eips with no parameters:
Code:

usage:
to print strings: eips [row] [col] [-h] string
		 -h for highlighted text
to show image: eips -g|-b image_path [-w waveform -f -x xpos -y ypos -v]
		 -g for png, -b for bitmap
		 -w waveform can be gc16 gl16 or du, default is gc16
		 -f for full update, default is partial update
		 -x -y in units of pixels
		 -v for inverted picture
to paint a retangle on screen: eips -d l=a,w=b,h=c [-x xx -y yy -w wf]
		 a is gray level in hex, b is width, c is height, with optional xx yy location, waveform mode
to clear display: eips -c 
to paint checker: eips -q 
to paint grayscale: eips -l 
to paint pattern: eips -p 
to paint barcode: eips -r barcode
to print fb info: eips -i

This is MUCH better than just experimenting and hoping to find something useful in the previously undocumented parameter list (using startup scripts as examples).

I already knew most of these, but the ones I did not know how to use look quite useful. I like that "paint a gray rectangle" option, and the bitmap support.

Thanks amazon and lab126!

while :;do eips -q -wdu;usleep 130000;eips -v -q -wdu;usleep 130000;done (K5)

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-05-2012 at 04:42 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote