View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 02:13 AM   #35
dinsdale
dinsdale doesn't litterdinsdale doesn't litter

Device: I wish I had an XO1
I do find myself reading less literature and more technical documentation but I account this to the requirements in my professional life. I have not lost the ability to digest long texts although I spend a majority of the day skimming through text to find the pieces of information I require. If I have the time I also still prefer a printed version of what I am reading for pleasure or to keep my mind busy.

Although a bit offtopic I did notice since a while that my ability to properly handwrite has severly degraded since uni. I'm often getting stuck with letters like "m" and "k" and the results look just ridiculous so I stopped handwriting almost altogether. On the other hand I type blindly on 3 keyboard layouts and I don' know many people who can match my typing speed.
I guess it all comes down to which patterns or behaviours we utilize and how frequently we exercise them. I think if you only skim read and totaly forget about books/long texts altogether for an extendet time you will be out of practise and it will be tough to concentrate on a meaty piece.
dinsdale is offline   Reply With Quote