View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 02:00 AM   #9
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginnia View Post
Thanks for replying. I couldn't see any free service at dyndns.org. But is the router IP addr the external IP? I can see that on my router setup, and also when I run speedtest.net, the same IP addr shows.
You are correct - the option for he free account seems to have disappeared - I wonder when that happened. I hope they do not want to suddenly start changing me for my current free account. I do not know offhand if anyone else offers similar functionality for free.

The problem with using the external IP raw address is that unless you pay for a fixed address it is subject to changing. On a cable connection it changes infrequently, but on an ADSL connection change is very frequent.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote