View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 09:44 AM   #4
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
Put the books on the Kindle and then import the Collections from Kindle Touch 1 to Kindle Touch 2. By the way, just organizing them into folders in the file structure does not put them into Collections. Collections are not a file system of folders, they are "tags." Your older K3 has a file called "collections.json" that contains the Collections for that device. That file has disappeared from the newer Kindle Touches and people are still trying to figure out how Amazon is working Collections now. For now, it is best just to use the official Amazon method to copy Collections from one device to a newer Kindle Touch:

From the Amazon Help Section
Thank you for that post Abookreader, it was very helpful. I spent yesterday putting over 400 books into over 30 different collections on my Kindle4PC. I made my list of collections on the K4PC in the order I would prefer and also chose the names in such a way that if they were ordered alphabetically they would still work very well for me.

The collection lists all transferred to my K3, but they are all jumbled up. Is there anyway to get them to stay in a preferred sort order?

I buy a lot of questionable freebies which I further sorted by genre and was hoping those collections would be listed at the end, but instead they're all over the place.

Is the order of the collections based upon the order that I most recently accessed them on my K4PC? Is there any other way to set the order, at least alphabetically?
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote