View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 08:37 PM   #1
Snauzoo
Enthusiast
Snauzoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Snauzoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Snauzoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad
Content Server Questions

Wow, I cannot believe I waited a year to start using this method of transferring books. (Don't ask what I was doing LOL).

Used content server without a password initially because to be honest I thought it would not work since most of my first attempts with calibre->iPad were disastrous. It worked fine and the way that my 3K library showed up on my iPad was impressive. Not so impressive was the way the first page did not display on my Nook Color. Oddly enough when I used Nook Color output set in preferences (rather than using Tablet) the books also transferred very nicely to my first gen iPad without changing it.

Now, my question is this - we are using highest wifi security and ssid is turned off. What sort of risk do we have in terms of exposure? And what exactly does the password protect? I did not have to create a pinhole in my 2wire hardware firewall, just had to add it to windows firewall (XP SP3).

Do I need a password? Only two adults in the house. One with iPad and one with Nook Color.
Snauzoo is offline   Reply With Quote