View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 04:13 PM   #9
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyad2000 View Post
Thanx for the replies folks

At least I know that my cybook battery is ok.

I dont really have a problem with a 7 day battery life, I was just confused by the exaggerated claims. I was expecting to need to charge maybe on a monthly basis. The claims they make are definately misleading.

I wonder how the battery life of the competition (Sony, Amazon) etc compares.
I did some tests when I first got mine and had similar results. I did get the battery to last 14 days but I was only reading about 50 pages a day at the time. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...734#post119734

The claim of "8,000 page turns" is very exaggerated and doesn't come close to real world use. All of the e-ink vendors seem to quote the same number though so it appears to come from the manufacturer. I personally think it's a useless specification and should not be used to compare the various readers until they start producing real life tests of their own specific products.

I'm actually very happy with the battery life but wish they wouldn't inflate the specifications. It just leads to consumer disappointment.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote