View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 10:01 AM   #1
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Newbie asks for help with build on OS X

Anyone want to help a newbie build an ODBC driver for SQLite from source on OS X? The driver is available in binary for Windows32, W64, and Linux platforms. It was originally developed for Windows. The Mac OS X intel version has something vital missing from the binary package so according to the developer must be built from source.

This driver presumably enables use of SQL queries to fetch data from calibredb (SQLite) back to a spreadsheet, which presumably would be useful providing flexibility to calibre power users with large book libraries (meaning large datasets).

I'm an old-timer with rusty out-of-date skills and I don't even know where to start with this build. Plus the driver was developed primarily for Windows, though it has been implemented on Linux and on Mac OS. OS X is unix-based, my unix skills from 20 years ago are faded and perhaps no longer relevant, I'm lucky if I remember what cd and ls mean.

So for all those reasons the amount of help I need is large and the project may not be worth it in the first place.

For further context, if you're interested, please see this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=117048
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote