View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 11:57 AM   #41
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by judith009 View Post
Hmph, this is interesting. I just found out today that the Waterfield slip bag that I got actually does have a plastic insert inside it! It's only on one side, and it's so thin and flexible that you almost can't tell it's there. I squeezed the bag by the sides today, and that's when I found that it has the insert. I wonder why they didn't just add a thick rigid one... Also, it's only on one of the sides. It's obvious, though, that that is the screen side, because the other side had a tag on it. If the above bag that Holly listed has the same insert, it would be awfully thin to offer good protection.
As I said previously, I was surprised that you wanted a slip case such as the Octovo case you said you liked or like the Waterfield case you ended up getting; neither of these choices match with your thread title where you said you were looking for "a hard (not flexible) protective case for K3." Unless it is made of good steel or thick aluminum, a slip case is just not going to be as protective as the Amazon case or any of the hard cases people suggested for you in this thread. I hope you are not too disappointed with your choice.

I wonder if you could find someone to custom make what you are looking for, since none of the products that are on the market right now seem to quite fit your needs? That might be expensive, but you might check in your local area to see.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
My Kindle fell today,from mid-waist hight, in an Oberoncover. Nothing the matter with it.
Earlier this week I managed to hook my Kindle somehow as I was turning away from my kitchen counter and my Kindle fell to the floor; the counters are 3 foot high and the kitchen flooring is hardwood. I was horrified, but the Kindle survived with no apparent damage and it still works fine. My Kindle, too, is encased in an Oberon cover. I hope to never test the cover's protective qualities again, but I am glad they were sufficient this time!

Holly
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote