View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 09:13 AM   #38
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
This is ridiculous. The big publishing companies are just totally shooting themselves in the foot with this one. It's like they *WANT* ebooks to fail, or at the very least, they want to make ebook piracy so rampant that it kills ebooks by making them look the same way mp3's did back when they first came out. IE, only *pirates* use them, and therefore if you're using them, you're an evil pirate. The only other reason to encourage piracy like this is to expand the presence of ebooks in the same way mp3's gave birth to mp3 players and eventually made them cheap. (ok, *cheaper* than they were at first)

Now that might not be the reason, and could really just be a money/power grab by the big publishers. But if it is, why do it this way!? My gawds, I do everything I can to make sure my books are available worldwide, and yet the big guys are doing everything they can to stop you from having it any way but on their terms. This is honestly stupid.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote