Thread: Firmware Update Kindle 3 - Firmware update
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 08:40 AM   #66
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybergeezer View Post
I had a couple of non-web browser freezes and one spontaneous reboot in 12 days of use so I wasn't that worried about it and had not called Customer Service (CS).

However, I did have a non-Amazon book (the guide from MoblieRead) that wouldn't index and that couldn't be deleted. I also noticed that page turns seemed to have slowed down.

I read a thread on the Amazon forum that posted a CS letter about deleting all the index files from the root directory then reeindexing. While considering that I saw the news about the availability of the beta software fix. I tried the beta fix and immediately noticed that I could delete the book that was not indexing and that page turns seemed faster.

Haven't been exercising the Kindle much since the beta download so too early to tell about its other effects but so far so good.
Well, that's not good. I haven't loaded that catalog on the K3 yet, and after reading that I'm not sure I want to, but it always worked fine on my K2.

Has anyone else here experienced that problem with the MobileRead Guide on their K3?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote