View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 06:31 PM   #8
botmtl
Enthusiast
botmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel is

Device: none
I think having the checksum for the file as it was when it was first imported can still be really useful. I had some plans for something like this for myself.

The context is the key. I regularly grab free books off amazon. When I do, it's not rare that I grab a whole bunch of them in one sitting. That collection of books has gotten pretty big over time. After downloading the books and importing them to calibre, I clean up the tiles, the authors, do the cover thing... basically I work so much on them that on the next batch import, I end up with with duplicates. Having the original checksum (to prevent reimporting books I already imported) would be great in this case and an up-to-date checksum would be useless.
botmtl is offline   Reply With Quote