View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
i think we are using "tab" to mean different things.

I mean tab as used by MSword, IE etc, so if I want to work on 3 books in sigil I would have 3 top level tabs - below that there would be the chapters, toc , stylesheets etc for each book within each of the 3 tabs, but I'd have only one instance of Sigil running , not 3.

is there some technical reason why sigil.exe takes 5 - 25 secs to launch yet bloatware like MSword will launch instantly.
I suppose I could try placing sigil & its components onto a create-at-startup RAM disc but that would be very geeky & I am not sure how to go about it in Windows 7

what would suit be it to have sigil re-use itself so if i double click a book in calibre it loads into the already running instance of sigil ( assuming there is one in memory), rather than spends time launching a brand new process. I Know I can go to sigil file open but then it takes even more seconds to manually navigate thru calibre,s black-book database to the epub that I want to edit.
I use the Tabs in Firefox all the time: MR is usually on one of them

I am guessing that you like to edit a large, Monolithic file as a book.
I prefer to work with a book of Chapter files. Different strokes.

I agree, reusing a in memory 'core' , similar to what Libre Office and others do, might help for frequent use users.
For Now, having an immediate 'Splash' appear to prove that 'Sigil has Launched' would be nice
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote