Thread: Page numbers
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 08:08 PM   #8
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
Thanks for the pointers. I find doing a Search on Mobireads is futile. I tried it, of course, and got three entirely unrelated threads.
See the tip that I wrote here:

Post #10 in "EPUB-Checker error: undefined property"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2002ans View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabcar View Post
I know that's not going to come in one place, but if anyone can point me to any resources that would help me get up to speed in a reasonable time without having to crawl through mountains of posts and websites (which has been my experience so far), I'd be grateful!
In your favorite search engine, you could search:

Code:
any topic + Tex2002ans site:mobileread.com
I've probably written about everything under the sun at this point. There's no one location for all this info (although I've been working on compiling things the past year).

Hitch is also a fantastic source (runs one of the largest ebook conversion companies, Booknook):

Code:
any topic + Hitch site:mobileread.com
and she discusses a lot of the real-life issues/bugs that crop up.
Using site: to narrow down searches... That's how I go back and find all the information built up over the years.

(And on the opposite end, you can use -site: to remove sites from your search... like let's say pinterest floods your image searches, you could tell the search engine to not waste time showing those.)

Last edited by Tex2002ans; 04-05-2020 at 08:12 PM.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote