View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 04:51 PM   #81
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshed View Post
I would be more willing to give these guys the benefit of the doubt that it is just incompetence with regard to supply chain knowledge as opposed to actively trying to screw their customers.
Yes and no. There definitely does seem to be incompetence in regard to supply chain knowledge. However, they have also provided a lot of misleading information. For example, they said they would provide the source code which they haven't done and which they may not be in a position to do so. They allowed people to think that they would be able to physically attach an external keyboard despite knowing for a very long time that this would not be possible. They have claimed that users can install millions of Android apps despite knowing that many, if not most, of these apps are not compatible with the version of Android the device is running... In short, they have knowingly mislead their backers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshed View Post
Onyx on the other hand are selling a lame duck at a premium price.. take a look at the Max Carta on youtube, how sluggish it is, and how it doesn't work half the time (deletion, page switching, even file opening) and tell me it is worth $700.

The difference is that the Netronix maybe give it a year or two and they might have a polished product. I don't expect Onyx will ever learn their lesson because they simply don't care.
Can't speak to the Max Carta. However, I have the Max and it has functioned reasonably well for me to date. There have also been a number of updates to the software since it was first released which have improved the functionality of the device. Hopefully, more will be forthcoming.

Haven't seen any updates yet for the Netronix device. Certainly, some of the backers for the 13.3 " GoodEreader seem less than satisfied. A $750 paperweight is not an encouraging descriptor.

Quote:
Daniel 1 day ago

When will you be upgrading to Android 5.0 firmware? Right now the firmware is buggy and crashes every time I try to use it. So I have a $750 paperweight. I’m hoping the upgrade in firmware will be this summer like you promised and that it will resolve some of these issues. Can you comment on when you expect to release Android 5.0 firmware?

rafepurnell 2 days ago

Lack of response, lack of delivery of software, millions of android apps that will not run… totally fed up…
This has been a mistake.. waste of time… and money..

The Onyx Boox Max Carta does what this was supposed to.. and amazon can deliver tomorrow… oooo they have a returns policy…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZTGULb4w54

The Good e-Reader is not strong enough to even function as a drinks tray..
See less

Peter Carotenuto Campaigner 1 day ago

The Onyx is slow, unresponsive, and is bound by the pen with no touch layer.

rafepurnell 1 day ago

So how about some transparency here? Something you don't seem to be good at. Are you looking into the software issues or Netronix? Are you guys working on resolving the issues with the play store? Are you having google play services issues resolved? Are you going to release a fixed firmware? No communications from your side means that I am still running manually downloaded older versions of apps that i have to hunt for in archive sites. I have been running with these for months and months now.

rafepurnell 1 day ago

This wonderful device is nothing with the software, and I do believe this to be a wonderful device which is let down by my list above. So right now I am looking for other uses for it. Today I discovered it to be an excellent mouse mat. In the mean time I am going to look for a device with support.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/1...ader#/comments

Last edited by Question Mark; 07-20-2017 at 04:54 PM.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote