View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #8
hubertphava
Connoisseur
hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, Onyx-Boox Poke5
@Mono: don't mind about your 92: it's *another* device for *other* purposes than reading epub.. Fot pdfs i use my second-hand kindle-dxg and i'm happy of it *but* i dont' read epubs on it.
If you only read pdf, 92 is the perfect choice ( much better than dxg).
But epub rendering is very different from pdf rendering.

@stadja: i've bought firefly for reading ebooks; incidentally, actual better format for ebook is epub, ok? I dont' consider pdf as a good reading format, especially on 6" devices.
If i buy a *200* euros device, i'm expecting that it reads epub *very* well.

But "pdfreader", "fbreader" and "coolreader" don't' do their job: one of them doesn't show images, another doesn't respect epub-css, another doesn't permit to change margins or fonts and so on. None of them can follow internal links, text-notes or external links. And, dont' forget, all this in 2013.
I dont' know how firefly renders other formats ( for comics and pdf, as above said, i use K-dxg) but i can see lot of irony in the Universe when an user of an italian ebook-forum says that after converting epub in mobi (via calibre), he can see and use internal links and text notes.
Simply i *refuse* to do that 'cause i dont' want to use mobi format on my 200_euro_firefly; for reading mobi, is better to buy a ( cheaper) paperwhite, no?
I don't understand why onyx ( and german guys) waste time and resource with fbreader, pdfreader and (Arrrrgh!) coolreader instead of develop a ade-based (ok: ade is non perfect but much better than the "magnificent three") program, program capable to give much reading pleasure to their paying customers.
And don't forget that firefly has linux, under the cover...

If you are happy of your device, you're on your own.
But often i use to "compose" the epub i read; I let you imagine my frustration when, after hours of work, i cannot read my epubs as they are written because of ancient, buggy and bad implemented software.

If you want, i can take and post some pictures to show you what i mean.

Bye

HP
hubertphava is offline   Reply With Quote