Thread: Glo Factory reset issue
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 11:12 AM   #8
tkavan
Groupie
tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
@Willa: tkavan is talking about kepubs purchased from the Kobo shop. Information about these are kept on the server and synced between the device and the server. If you have multiple devices, or use the app on an Android or iOS device, this can also be synced.

As the reported problem, I have noticed something like this, but with respect to the multiple devices. Finishing a book on one device, syncing that device and then the other doesn't mark the book as finished on the second device. But, it will transfer the reading position between them.

I think this has changed with recent firmware, but I only had one device last year and didn't read many kepubs. I think it is restoring the last non-finished reading position that was saved, but I am not sure.
Something like what you describe is happening.

Last night as a final check I went through all my books on the Glo, making sure their reading status was correct. Then I WiFi synced the Glo and everything was fine afterwards, with nothing changed.

An hour or so later I WiFi synced the Touch and when I checked it afterwards, it was not at all like the Glo. Most books marked Finished on the Glo were now shown at 1% read on the Touch. But some of them were shown at other percentages... maybe their original percentages on the Touch?

Then for no rational reason I synced the Glo again, first changing the Finished status of a couple of books so the file that tracks reading status would have a new time stamp and wouldn't get over-written. After the sync the Glo was still correct.

I don't know what's happening,but if there's a way to keep two devices in sync, I haven't yet been able to find it. Maybe it's time to go to Customer Care.

Oh yes... both devices are 2.4.0, and both are on the same Kobo user account.
tkavan is offline   Reply With Quote