View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 03:40 AM   #129
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchtray View Post
In firmware 2.1.4 which is on the Kobo Glo the chapter marks are indeed gone when you middle click the menu open when reading Epubs and kEpubs.
Thanks for letting us know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffaloseven View Post
I'm very pleased with this as my first ebook reader, and based on what I've read about the KP, the KG seems to be a very strong competitor. The only advantage I can see Amazon having is the book selection, but that's a moot point if you don't live in the US, as their selection internationally is...lacking. The only other thing the Kindle has going for it is the ability to e-mail documents to your eReader. I'd love it if I could get a <myname>@kobo.com to e-mail ePubs to my device.
I really really want this too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
We're looking at adding more progress indication, stay tuned.
Yay!! A bit strange that it disappeared first... but still, I'll be happy when its back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilotikus View Post
It's a shame as it's seems like it's almost there for PDFs. If you could just just continue onto the next page by either continuing to drag or the normal page turns it would be fine.
You can, but a Kobo rep has already replied to this somewhere in this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbookworm View Post
Another question: can you have it show you current page number vs total pages in book in the status bar? The video I saw had something like number of pages left in chapter, which doesn't really do much for me.
This is the difference between sideloaded and kepub (bought from Kobo) books. Sideloaded will always give you pages per total book pages; Kobo kepubs will always give you pages per chapter. I don't like the latter either, hoping they'll implement an option to choose from either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XrXca View Post
Thoughts so far. 2 2/3 books read so far.
Kobo Glo fw 2.1.4
Man you read fast!
Quote:
Originally Posted by XrXca View Post
  • Battery life, who knows. I've read 2 1/2 book so far with the light on for 90% of that and WiFi enabled for some of it along with quite a bit of playing with settings etc, and am down to 67%, now I don't know if was fully charged when I finished the setup, it had 85% when it arrived and I plugged it in to do the setup then unplugged it as soon as the firmware update was done and finished the setup unplugged and started reading, never looked to see if it was fully charged. When I charge it next I'll pay more attention.
Ooooh we get battery percentages now? Yay! I wonder if we'll get a low battery warning now as well, instead of just telling you mid-read that "oops, you have to plug in, I don't care if you're on the train and can't charge, but you just can't read the next page!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
More...

One of the definite improvements for both Glo and 2.1.4 for Touch is that font settings, including everything from that menu, are remembered. You set the book up the way you want it and it stays that way.
Oooh!! Yippeeee *does a little dance*!!
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote