View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 05:19 PM   #216
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zema View Post
Strange thing I have them already installed, but landscape mode does not work in browser. What patch exactly fixes this problem?

From jbpatcher logs:
Code:
I: Registered ixtab_rotation-5.1.0.jbpatch for com.amazon.kindle.restricted.device.impl.ScreenRotationServiceImpl
I: Patched com.amazon.kindle.restricted.device.impl.ScreenRotationServiceImpl (ee50633a567ab87e2521df075d5fd9db) using ixtab_rotation-5.1.0.jbpatch
Rotation patch was applied.
Ok... I had written an advisory note about this, but it has been buried again in all of the threads around here... guess I'll put it on my TODO list to make this clearer in the jbpatch documentation.

jbpatch can only influence the Java parts of the UI. For some weird reason, Amazon decided to mix Java (much, but not all, of the UI, such as readers, home screen etc.), and HTML/Javascript based parts (Browser, MP3 player, WiFi selection dialog) (and more, but that's not relevant here) together on the Kindle Touch. (You'll find the latter under the name WAF or Pillow on the Wiki). The point is that jbpatch can control "everything Java", but nothing outside of it. And the browser belongs to "outside"

If you have the will and the patience, I strongly suggest to read the entire Wiki page... much of this "hidden knowledge" is in there.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote