View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 11:52 PM   #26
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
I found MobileRead from a posting on Fark.com. It was a link to a story at Gizmodo or Engagdet.about the SONY Reader. Was amazed at how many people derided the device in the comments. It seemed neat, & I had been interested in digital texts before that (like using Project Gutenberg to free shelf space). When I researched electro-phoretic ink, was astounded, and I found this forum.

I like the very simple layout, the lack of trolls, flames, memes, and other whathaveyou's that crowd the valid content on other online fora.

Were it not for MobileRead, would not have found a great deal on my fancy digital text device, nor received a holiday gift from SONY, or had some good conversations about the future of books.

The PRS-500 ranks high in my personal pantheon of gagdet. Until I get my own speeder-bike, I surmise that it will remain at the top of the list.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote