View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 05:15 AM   #13
Diana495
Connoisseur
Diana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Ipod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
No it didn't. I have to have really simple, step by step directions (pictures help).

How the heck do you select what you want? How do you edit it (and why)? Where in the box do I paste what. It may be obvious to you but it made no sense to me. And I'm afraid to do anything I don't fully understand for fear I'll foul something up (been there, done that).

I appreciate you trying to help but you have to keep in mind not all of us are programmers nor do we want to be (or have the time to learn).
Heh. I'm sooo not a programmer either. I've just managed to cobble some info together through trial and error.

Sorry for not being clearer. Here are a couple of screen caps, they're kinda rough cause I don't have access to my usual software. Click on them to enlarge. (I'm also on a Mac so it might look slightly different if you're on a different OS.)

To edit tweaks go to Preferences, then scroll down to the Advanced section, and click on Tweaks to open it. It should look like this:

The red arrow is pointing to the list of tweaks available. To select a tweak just click on it. Once it's clicked it'll become highlighted and there should be info displayed in the boxes on the right. (In this case click on Control behavior of double clicks on the books list).

The Green Arrow points to the top box, the Help box. It explains what the tweak does and how to modify it.

For this tweak it states: Behavior of doubleclick on the books list. Choices: open_viewer, do_nothing, edit_cell, edit_metadata. Selecting edit_metadata has the side effect of disabling editing a field using a single click.

The choices are fairly self explanatory. open_viewer opens the viewer if a book is double clicked (this is the default), do_nothing does nothing, edit_cell lets you edit a cell after a double click (I think this was the default before the change), and edit_metadata opens the Edit Meta Information window.

The bottom box with the blue arrow is the "Edit Tweak" box. This is where you change values to edit a tweak. The blue underline is where you edit. Editable values are usually yellowish green or blue. You don't do anything to the green text after the #, it just explains the tweak.

In my case the editable value is: doubleclick_on_library_view = 'edit_cell'. The edit_cell portion (you probably have open_viewer in yours). Pick the option you want, copy it over the the edit_cell/whatever the current choice is there (or type it). Make sure that the apostrophes 'edit_XXX' are in place before and after edit_XXX.

The choices you can have are:
doubleclick_on_library_view = 'do_nothing'
doubleclick_on_library_view = 'edit_metadata'
doubleclick_on_library_view = 'edit_cell'
doubleclick_on_library_view = 'open_viewer'

Once your done. Click on apply. Calibre will tell you that you need to restart it, so close the Preference window and restart calibre, and your tweak should be in place.

Hope that's clearer, if not tell me what needs to be explained better, and I'll try it again.
Diana495 is offline   Reply With Quote