View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 06:17 PM   #13
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirsier View Post
I still believe that the parameters for how an ePub "looks" should be tied to the device it's being read on (and effectively giving the control of the look to the individuals).

There are too many different types of eBook Readers to have a "one size fit all" line of parameters, and the output is usually very different from publisher to publisher.

I'll say it again : tie the parameters (margins, justification, etc) to the eBook Readers, NOT the ePub file itself. Plain and simple. Shouldn't be too complicated...
Might not be too bad an idea, since ePub implementation is still so poor. However, I'd prefer it if content providers would do their job and make reasonably professional-looking files, and then Adobe or someone make a really decent ePub viewer for ebook readers, rather than the stuff that's currently being used. Then, in the cases that properly made and displayed files are still not to folks' liking, end user global overrides of things like justification/hyphenation/margins wouldn't be bad.

The ebook experience has so far been all about mediocrity, but there really should be a lower limit in my opinion. O to dream grand dreams of days when I won't be making my own PDFs.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote