View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 09:46 AM   #8
eturgeon
Enthusiast
eturgeon began at the beginning.

Device: sony ereader
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICHIRENSHU View Post
Putting light source in your sight is always bad.
That's true. But even so, my reaction is abnormal. I give you another example: I bought myself a wacom Cintiq 22'', the drawing device, cause I love to draw. It was some months after the lamp experience. I was soooo excited when I got it out of the box! But then, I plugged it. It seemed quite bright to my eyes, so as soon as it was installed, I started to check to calibrate it, so I would be easier on my eyes. But by the time I finished (maybe 15 minutes to do install + calibrate), I got a very big headache. It was so unconfortable, that I panicked: have I just bought a $2400 device that my eyes can't tolerate, and makes me sick? Turns out, I got better after a day or two, but only to get to the point where the brightness/contrast is confortable enough to allow me to work on the device 1 hour, top. Past one hour, I need to lay on my bed for about 10-15 minutes, so that the headache go away.

I have since totally stopped using the Cintiq, and I almost don't use computers at all for recreation.

Last edited by eturgeon; 03-04-2016 at 09:50 AM.
eturgeon is offline   Reply With Quote