View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 05:07 PM   #12
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
DANL added a bunch of stuff slated for June release, but it turns out you can't pre-order in advance, otherwise I'd have put that just-released Roberta Gellis historical in the cart yesterday when I decided to get the Burrowes book and bundle from the May selections with the discover15 discount coupon (and their Wishlist function is at present non-functional). All 6 of the May releases seem to be listed on the front of the shop area.

They have added a couple of new older books to at least the Historical Fiction section, which is an encouraging sign, and at some point they put up a Books for International Readers subsection for the stuff they have the rights to distribute worldwide, which is nice as it helps keep people outside the US/maybe-Canada from doing the hover-over and finding out all the books they want are geo-restricted.

Oh, and they have a freebie, in case anyone considering the club want to see how the DRM-free MultiFormat bundle thing works: Summons, paranormal romance tie-in novella by Shona Husk.

I think I'll see if they preannounce anything good for next month's selections as a sneak peek. Out of the current lot, the Galen spy thing looks the most interesting, but her other books seem… somewhat unrealistic*.

* What upper-middle-class Brit twit seriously-for-serious names their daughter Raeven? People will think she's a) a low-class trashy proto-Goth who's been written into the wrong sort of book, and b) has illiterate parents who can't spell a simple 5-letter phonetically-pronounced bird's name. Or that she's using the Napoleonic War Era equivalent of whatever a stripper alias was back in the day.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote