View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 12:50 PM   #90
abbynormal52
Zealot
abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Fire Tablet 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
You can have the Overdrive app on the Fire. I have it. I don't generally read on my fire, but I guess I have the option to check out a book at library either in kindle format, using the fire and my kindle account, or pull it into the overdrive app as a epub. I did that in the past before when there was no kindle version on a book for a while. You just do that within the overdrive app.

Although if I had the option, I'd always use the kindle version and read it on fire in my own account. The kindle reader is nicer than the overdrive reader. At least I find it so.

I guess I am just confused totally as to what the issue here is. Are the books being checked out on a computer or in the overdrive app or what.
Are the books just not showing up in the overdrive app? Not sure what the issue is there, stuff should just show up. Is there maybe an update needed for the overdrive app? I haven't checked out a book in the overdrive app for some time, but it always worked fine in the past for me. So I can't help there I don't think. Stuff just always shows up on the bookshelf for me. At least last time I used it.

If the book is available in kindle format, might just be easier to not use the overdrive app and check out the books in kindle format instead. Then use the fire and its built in kindle reader. Sounds like some issue with overdrive.
I am using all Kindle App on the Fire itself, just on the one device. When I check a book out, instead of saying the book has gone to your shelf, it is saying, omg, I just found it.

I am such a dummy

I forget the whole page isn't showing, so after I borrowed the book this time, I swiped up a bit and saw where it says "add to app" then it showed "downloading title" and then "book added to bookshelf".

Geez, I feel so stupid. Sorry to bother you both but thanks so much. I wouldn't have figured it out without reading your replies, it just dawned on me. On my Nook you saw the whole page, didn't have to swipe to see all.

Thanks so much, Denise
abbynormal52 is offline   Reply With Quote