Thread: MobileRead Discussion/Suggestion Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2016, 11:15 PM   #320
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I don't think super long books are ever going to be popular or successful choices. People are busy; they've got other things to read. And 1600 pages is insane. Like Hamlet, I read the Shirer in adolescence and I have no intention of reading it again. In part because of its length, but also because the historiography must be dated. It was published over fifty years ago and many relevant sources have only become available since then. I'm not saying it's not a classic, but I am saying something more current is probably better conducive to understanding.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote