View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 02:19 PM   #7
timezone
Addict
timezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Windows Phone7, Kindle Fire
The race is on. This Fall there will be a slew of new readers. Primarily tablets but also eInk. I think in general terms the spec race is over. In that the competition will offer something for everyone.

For my money the best reader will be one that allows me to stay with Mobipocket if I want to stay with it. As well as choose ePub if so desired. At the moment I believe a Windows tablet will provide me with this choice. I will miss eInk but iRex and the others chose to not fight the good fight. I say this because the Kindle software is on an iPad. I know people are running ePub and I believe Mobipocket will eventually be possible if not already. So if Amazon allowed this to happen then it should have been allowed with the other eInk readers.

I believe Amazon is the reason these eInk readers are in trouble and the tablets will flourish. Sure multimedia is also a big draw but locking out multiple DRM choices is the dagger.
timezone is offline   Reply With Quote