View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 11:57 AM   #5
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon John Cox View Post
Hello.

Not sure if I've put this is in the right forum or sub-forum, so maybe a mod can rejiggle it if I've gone wrong...

I'm trying to get my novel Another Man's Poison out there for people to read (because no-one can read it if it's just hidden on my hard drive), and because I think the cost of Print On Demand would be too high for someone to take a risk on a novel by an unknown author I've decided to make it available as an eBook. So I put it on Smashwords.

Then a friend told me that I could sell it on the Amazon Kindle Store as well, so I did...but when I set the price at $2.49, Amazon bumped it up to $5.28 for readers outside the US.

Why is this? It's just an electronic file that is transmitted across the same internet as it would be in the US. Can anyone tell me why it should be more expensive to download a file outside the US than it is inside...?
Looks like the difference in pricing has been explained.

Now as for 'getting the word out', it helps if you get a few people to read the book and post reviews on their blogs - as well as at Smashwords and Amazon. Having just purchased the ebook, I'll be reading it today and tomorrow and posting a review by tomorrow evening. Hope that helps.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote