View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 06:53 AM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramphaus View Post
MacBook Pro.

And it's not a matter of getting the files across, it's a matter of keeping the folder structure I've spent years developing. I simply cannot copy all the files to a central "folder" then assign a tag or figure out which files I just copied then create a folder then copy them there...it would take years.

I just want to drag the folder that says "Kidney Cancer" over to the reader/interface and then let go of the button (like virtually every other program we use nowadays).

I'm not certain if this will help, but let's take it bit by bit:

Open the READER LIBRARY SOFTWARE.

Go to the top of the screen, under FILE.

Click on IMPORT FOLDER.

All the files should now be in that Explorer-like window to the right. (Click on BOOKS, if you don't see your files.)

This is the part I can't remember exactly, so please keep this in mind as you read:

Go to the bottom left, where the plus sign is: "+"

Click on that.

You've now created a folder that you can give a name to.

Give it the name you want.

On the extreme left of the screen, select BOOKS.

Select all the files from the Explorer-like window and drag them to the new folder you just created - the one you gave a name to.

You may need to SYNC.

Now, let me add this: I MAY have gotten a few points slightly "off." Sorry, but I'm trying to help in your frustration. Perhaps this is a start - not in your continued frustration, but maybe a little relief.

Keep in mind that I'm talking about a group of files in ONE folder. If you have nested folders, then you'll have to bring THAT folder forward on your desktop and do the same thing you did for the FIRST folder.

For example, if you've got ONE folder inside another folder, then bring it out so that you have two folders with two different names. [Re]create those names using the "+" on your Reader - essentially, what you're doing duplicating what you see on your desktop.

Before you do any experimenting with my suggestions here, duplicate all your files and tuck them away somewhere in the corner of your screen, just to be on the safe side.

If I've misunderstood your intentions, then please accept my apologies.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-24-2010 at 06:58 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote