View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 07:54 AM   #9
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
a pretty sad look at publishers if they, of all people/businesses, don't feel that reading is enough.

on the other hand, publishers don't seem to understand people who read at all, and this silly idea seems to be focused at non-readers. note that they used a popular tv show for their launch rather than the work of a best-selling author. the people this is aimed at won't have the slightest interest in reading the pages around the video. the rest of us don't want a piece of video interrupting our reading. i know i don't.

on the other hand, i suppose the videos are clips from the show, so no one had to actually shoot anything - just cut out a few short clips and write around them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Nope, I'm with you there. Publishers seem to feel the need to make a book "something more". I guess time will tell if these efforts will be popular or not.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote