View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 11:51 AM   #9
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
A true example of this then:

A couple of months ago a friend of my son's (aged 11) came to our house for tea. For the meal I offered to make chips (fries possibly in the US). Matthew's friend said to me, "What are you making them out of?" and when I replied "Potatoes" he said "Oh, I don't want any then"! I assume he had only ever seen chips from McDonalds and such like and had no idea what they were made of.
=Y this is the fundamental issue. Kids are now growing up preferring vegetables that are processed, preserved, flavored, adjusted chemically for shelf life, packed in vivid colors, that the natural alternative.
I am not going to be a hypocrite and say that I would prefer a potato over a bag of lay's chips, but when I think about the social and environmental impact one has vs the other I choose to make me a baked potato...
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote