View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 02:00 PM   #35
statethatiamin
Avid Reader
statethatiamin is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.statethatiamin is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.statethatiamin is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.statethatiamin is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.statethatiamin is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.statethatiamin is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.statethatiamin is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.statethatiamin is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.statethatiamin is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.statethatiamin is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.statethatiamin is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panin View Post
Just got a Kindle, and the indexing is driving me mad!
Where do I go to alter these flags that you mention?
Is it in the systems folder?
I put the instructions for performing this procedure in the first post of the thread. Its not in the systems folder, it required you to jailbreak it in order to gain access to the hidden file system. Once you do that, navigate to the directory I outlined and edit the line that I outlined.

Like Tiersten said, and I've discovered, it *is* unusual for the Kindle to continually reindex files, it normally shouldn't interfere with your reading experience. The reason mine did is that I was using the unlighted Kindle case and it shorted out my Kindle continuously and restarted the indexing procedure.

Is this the case for you? Are you maybe using corrupted ebooks that hand the indexing mechanism.

I wouldn't suggest you send the Kindle back before you figure out what is going on. Its a wonderful device if its working properly
statethatiamin is offline   Reply With Quote