View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 02:01 PM   #80
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
New experimental feature

I finally got some time to implement a bookmarking/labeling feature. This is a first experimental implementation, to see if it will be a usefull/usable feature.

To add a label: Select the Text-Tool, create a new text item and start your text with "label:" (without the quotes) and then the description of the label. E.g.: "label:This is my first label". When you select the pen-Tool, you will see that the text that will be shown is: "This is my first label" and not "label:This is my first label".

To go to the page of one of the labels, select Help->About to show the label selection dialog (experimental feature, so I used a existing menu-entry :-). You will see two column with all labels and their page number. Double-click on any of them to select the corresponding page.

Note it is still a very experimental feature, furthermore there are more changes made to xournal so it might not do what you expect. This version is only to give feedback on the new feature!

The attached zip file, only contains the modified application (with a different name that the original app) and a short-cut to the new application, called 'XournalPre'. This allows to you to use the old and the new version at the same time. So to start go to: SD Card->Programs->XournalPre.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Xournal-dr-0.8-pre.zip (148.6 KB, 249 views)
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote