View Single Post
Old 01-17-2022, 01:53 PM   #4
JJTech
Nerd
JJTech can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueJJTech can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueJJTech can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueJJTech can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueJJTech can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueJJTech can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueJJTech can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueJJTech can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueJJTech can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueJJTech can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueJJTech can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Kindle Basic 3 (2019)
I found a new way to do it on Windows! This method will allow you to "un-eject" the device even if it was ejected with Explorer!

This method does not require any 3rd party applications, it uses the built-in pnputil.

Spoiler:
  1. Open an Administrator PowerShell prompt
  2. Find the parent USB device of the Kindle by running this PowerShell command and copying the "Parent" it shows:
    Code:
    pnputil /enum-devices /connected /relations | Select-String "Kindle Internal Storage" -Context 0,6
    NB: This must be run before ejecting the Kindle!
  3. Un-eject it with this PowerShell command:
    Code:
    pnputil /disable-device "PARENT DEVICE GOES HERE"; pnputil /enable-device "PARENT DEVICE GOES HERE"
    (Insert the parent device from above, it should look something like USB\VID_1949&PID_0324\3040VB5594820045)

NB: You can "eject" it by running the first part of the command, i.e. the part before the semicolon, or by doing what this ServerFault answer suggests.
You're done!

I’m currently writing a Go wrapper around this, with Linux support, so that you can use it cross platform.

Last edited by JJTech; 01-18-2022 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Add note about Go library.
JJTech is offline   Reply With Quote