View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 03:16 AM   #456
dennisdd
Enthusiast
dennisdd doesn't litterdennisdd doesn't litter

Device: Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisdd View Post
I use the Mimas mainly for academic reading and reviewing/annotating.
So far I really like the Mimas and it has become an integral part of my work.

However, what is really a pain is how hard it is to get PDF files on the Mimas and the annotate ones off from it. What would be really needed is a perfect integration of cloud storage.
What do I mean by this?
Open PDFs directly from cloud storage, preferably Dropbox in the Likebook PDF reader. Annotate. Just directly save from the PDF reader to Dropbox with the notes. Best would be to allow to overwrite the file that was opened with the one including notes or have to option to save as a copy on Dropbox.

This is what I do at the moment, any suggestions for improvements are welcome, but you see, it needs to be much better:
Put pdf on Dropbox on computer.Turn on WiFi on Mimas,open Dropbox, select file in Dropbox, Download. Search for sub-sub-sub folder in Android where Dropbox loaded,open and annotate in Boyue PDF.

When done annotating, Export notes,find subfolder where pdf with notes exported. Send via email to myself. Other possibilty: always take out cable, attach and find subfolders to transfer.

Hope that we see an update soon.

Thanks,
Dennis
PS: And it is unfortunate if I use this workflow that PDFs do not show up on the home screen as recently read or added...
Otherwise I am really enthusiastic about this device for digitalizing the academic workflow.
dennisdd is offline   Reply With Quote