View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 05:31 AM   #1
crankypants
Hmm.
crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android 4.2 Google Play Reader
Sony PRS-350 having problems, reboots constantly

I have a Sony PRS-350. Last night when I set it down after using it, it had 75% charge. This morning the battery was dead. Normally it just goes into "sleep" mode with no problems. But as I tried to charge it, it kept rebooting, which is probably why the battery went dead last night.

I tried hitting the reset button for 1 second and that didn't seem to change things. Then I tried holding Reset down for 10 seconds, and that didn't seem to change things either.

I have a cheap Chinese charger cord that changes a color as it's plugged in. While the cord reads 4.7vdc (within 10% tolerance), it does not charge, no amps seem to be going through it.

Another cord is currently charging the device as it now says "Charging battery". It is not constantly rebooting on this different charging cord. It is actually hooked to my PC so the 2 drives appear in Windows 8 while it's charging.

So, if the first Chinese cord is bad, could there be something else wrong with it? The battery is still original, as I got the device used.

Thanks!
crankypants is offline   Reply With Quote