View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 09:41 PM   #23
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTrade View Post
That's an excellent idea, really! I never occured to me to do that. Thanks!

So, in your opinion, what would "a decent development tool" be for someone who is a total newbie to Android development?
I use Unity, but that was a decision dictated by what my colleague knew from working in defence, game, and MSM and a set-in-concrete project deadline. We also had to target IOS and Android.

Unity is a $35-125/month subscription service, my 'seat' expires in a couple of months, it won't be renewed. IMO it would be massive overkill, especially for your first project. I only know a fraction of it.

I would favour a 'native development tool' as opposed to a 'web app development tool', the former is Java centric, the latter is HTML/CSS centric. Infoworld is a good resource for reviews of app development tools.

I won't replace Unity in the short term, if/when I need something I'll have a look then, like apps themselves, the development tools often have a short half-life.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-01-2017 at 09:47 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote