View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #104
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I've decided to follow up permitted use of ebooks with other retailers.

I've just sent an email to Barnes and Noble
Spoiler:
Dear Barnes & Noble,

I have a question about your terms & conditions for Nook Books.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/include/terms_of_use.asp

I note that part XII "Digital Content" grants me a license to "make personal, non-commercial use of the Digital Content" and that I may "transfer the Digital Content from [my] NOOK Library to no more than a total of six (6) other electronic devices that [I] own."

Does my personal use license extend to allowing anyone else to read the Digital Content on one of my electronic devices?

To be more specific, if I transfer one of my nook books to an electronic device within the limits specified above, may I allow any of the following to use the device to read my nook book?
* Spouse
* Child
* Close friend

Thank you.

Paul Durrant

Hmm... WH Smith use kobo, and I couldn't find an ebooks terms and conditions section at Waterstones. It's a bit hard to ask about T&Cs when you can't find them!

So: I've asked Amazon, Kobo and B&N. Anyone else I should ask?

Last edited by pdurrant; 10-24-2012 at 10:07 AM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote