View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 03:49 PM   #149
Shushan
Bibliophile
Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Pandigital Novel, PC
I first heard about e-readers in 2000 or 2001, in an adventure game forum called Rivenguild (long gone now). The adventure games Cyan made (Myst, Riven) used these 'linking books' which each had a reactive panel that you 'touched' to go to different places in the game. A fellow fan thought we might be intrigued by interactive readers and passed along a link to Sony's press release about the upcoming e-ink technology they were perfecting. I've wanted an e-reader that long!

I found MobileRead while doing some practical research on e-readers. Seemed like many of the most intelligent answers to my questions turned up here, so when we finally got dear hubby an e-reader, I joined the conversation.
Shushan is offline   Reply With Quote