View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 10:11 AM   #95
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonize View Post
Nope I'm more than open to the concept of a touch screen tablet. So long as it lets me put my audio/video files on to it using the software of my choosing and it lets me listen to music whilst reading a book or surfing the web. Oh and supports Flash because, unless I'm mistaken, GameTrailers.com doesn't support <video>. Oh and hopefully Silverlight support since some of the sites I frequent use that instead of Flash. And it must let me install the software I want to use rather than having to pick from a limited amount of software that the tablet maker has allowed you to use and mostly for a price.

As to being an Apple hater again not really. I'm a hater of companies that use hype and gimmicks to sell overpriced mediocre products. I have yet to see any justification for the price difference between an Apple product and a similar product from a different company.
iPad is my first Apple computer and I've been surprised by the anti-Apple, anti-iPad fervor. I'm loving my iPad, because it gives me my three priorities in one package, especially when I travel. I wanted e-books, e-mail and Internet, and I love that I can sign up for 3G only when I want. The latter means I can have Internet when I visit my parents, who aren't online at all.

Would I have liked to pay less? Sure, but I don't see a good alternative tablet at this point. Do I care that it's Apple? Only because they made it easy for me to use without tinkering, because I'm not technical. If another company can serve me for less, heck, great. (I'm Chinese; I love to save!) I'm excited that iPad is driving tablet development and hope there will be many more options. I read the Android tablet thread, and I don't want to struggle with most of what techies want to do, though.

I'm not sure how much marketing Apple has done with iPad. I get much less exposure than most people, because I have not watched television in years. I read about iPad on some blog.

For my needs, Apple has delivered as promised. I don't feel scammed. I'm not into expensive cars or other status items. I'm someone who pays 12 bucks for a haircut, lol. But I was happy to pay for a 3G 64gb iPad. If my parents' eyes and English were good enough, I'd buy them one, too, and finally get them on the Internet.

Last edited by Maggie Leung; 05-23-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote