View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 09:30 AM   #12
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleyx View Post
Which is why upgrading the original 'series' field would be the easiest solution. Well, depending on how difficult it would be to upgrade it in the first place, obviously.
Kovid has said many times that changing the original series column to contain some sort of multiple series/range will not happen. FWIW: having worked in that code at length, I agree with his position. Such a change would be a massive undertaking.

Given this fact, we are left with finding ways for people to solve the problem in some way within the existing structure. This is why I added grouped search terms several years ago, to provide a way to search across multiple columns using one lookup name. I am willing to add template functions to improve things if a) their semantics can be described in a sentence or two and b) they are generally useful. A function to return the values in a grouped search term might be one example.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote