View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 11:07 PM   #104
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Yes. I want to be able to specify which one I want to win, and which I would like second, and so on down the line.
The software doesn't allow this, and that's not likely to change anytime soon.

As far as I know, the software doesn't allow "select 3 choices;" people are on the honor system for that. (However, mods could throw out all votes by anyone who selects 4 or more; that would require more work on their part, but probably not be required often.)

-----
I'm torn on open-vs-closed voting.

On the one hand, if the vote is closed, people vote for what they want to read & discuss, not what they think is likely to win. On the other, as the keeper of the list, if the vote is open, I know which book won sooner.

No strong opinions either way.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote