View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 02:22 AM   #483
KindleAZWorKFX
Connoisseur
KindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition and Samsung 10.1 tablet
is it possible to use Kindle huffdic compression with the KFX plugin ( Kindle Format 10)?

from kindlegen command app, dos based program from amazon.com etc

-c2: Kindle huffdic compression

one last question I should of asked is does kindle Paperwrite 2 device even support KFX formats (Kindle Format 10 ) with Kindle huffdic compression in the files, or would that also hard crash our kindle Paperwrite 2 devices, not sure if it would be an problem for the defaults like an non-standard compression or if that's what amazon is using too with the format, its an good question I think anyway to ask about.

I like the Kindle huffdic compression from kindlegen of the epub files into mobi since it seems to compressed them more than what calibre can do on default converting of them.

I like the idea of the converting azw3 and epub into KFX format, but it seems like it could be more compressed the KFK format more than it does maybe, that's a question I had also, can the converting with the KFK plugin for calibre do more compression of the files, like the command kindlegen -c2 does for normal epub to mobi conversion, because it can make the default split mobi and azw3 files a lot smaller than the normal ones that calibre can make, it seems like calibre does not use Kindle huffdic compression on its normal converting of files,

anyway that's an question is does Kindle Format 10 (KFX plugin, format) support anything like Kindle huffdic compression with its outputed files, since it seems like its using standard DOC compression or no compression with its KFX plugin, I try and look into this but was wondering if you have an answer about this, if its using an command calling like an kindlegen in its process I look at into that too, too see if it has -c2 command with that or DOC level compression instead.

since I can't tell if the output files are a lot more bigger in size because of DOC compression or if KFX is using an kindle based compression, does it use that or not?

is their an default compression type setting or value that can be edited and changed for it to use Kindle huffdic compression level with the outputted KFX format files like the -c2 command that kindlegen can use from the command prompt, but more of an edit value for the plugin outputs or if you can provide some compression kindle based menu settings in calibre to choose from in future updates of this plugin?

Last edited by KindleAZWorKFX; 07-13-2018 at 02:47 AM. Reason: is it possible to use Kindle huffdic compression with Kindle Format 10 ? and the hardware
KindleAZWorKFX is offline   Reply With Quote