View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 05:33 PM   #15
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
Yes, I would like clarification on this one. My interpretation was that the nomination should be both about the region and by someone from that region.
You've got it half right. The nomination should be by someone from that region but can be set in any region.

Here's the guideline in the first post: "Nominations can be set in any region, but they should be written by an author from that region."

Quote:
So even though the Mahabharata was of great importance in much of South East Asia, it would count as South Asia because it emanates from India.

By the same token, a book by, say, Somerset Maugham set in SE Asia would not qualify because although he lived there and knew the area, he was not from one of those countries.
Yes and yes, although I hesitate to bring up that in an earlier vote the majority decided Nabokov qualified as from North America, so your Maugham example as worded might be less certain.

Quote:
Sun surfer, is it worth including something about this in the "blurb" so we are all clear?
It already is!

Last edited by sun surfer; 11-04-2014 at 06:00 PM.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote