View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 11:51 AM   #46
kleinjar
Connoisseur
kleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I took a look at the font and specifically the a. I cannot see anything that would be causing this other than the the font rendering engine in whatever eInk reader you are using. I don't see such with my Kobo Aura H2O.

I did have a look at the font and I do think the weight needs to be increased some more. I'll do that later today and post a new version.
Yeah, this is a jailbroken paperwhite 2. I guess it renders fonts a little differently. It does better with unhinted fonts (i think).

If this problem is particular to me, i'll probably just get the previous version of the regular weight and the new bold version and rename them to the same name in fontforge. That'll meet my needs.
kleinjar is offline   Reply With Quote